Friday, June 27, 2014

Kicka$$ Coffee


I would love to hit up Starbucks on the regular. My bank account told me that's not a great idea. So, my favorite coffee creamer is Coffee-Mate's White Chocolate Caramel Latte.  It's one of those delicious flavors that only came in tiny bottles until recently. Now I can get a big old bottle of it!!!!....but....alas....it doesn't have a sugar free version. And it has 35 calories per tablespoon. That would be fine and dandy if it didn't take 4 TBS of it to get the job done = 140 calories. No, thank you. 
So here is my super genius (and pretty obvious fix):  Before I add the super tastiest creamer, I lighten my coffee up with basic creamer and Splenda. 
I lighten my coffee up with 2 tsp powdered creamer (20 calories) and 2 tsp Splenda (0 calories). Then I drop in the goodness and use 2 TBS of hardcore full-fat naughty creamer (70 calories). Total calories : 90 vs 140 and it tastes exactly the same as if I'd plopped in all naughty creamer. 

These measurements may not work exactly for your tastebuds, but you get the basic picture. MAKE YOUR COFFEE SLIGHTLY SWEET AND CREAMY FOR LESS CALORIES AND THEN ADD THE FLAVORED stuff. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment