Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fiesta Chicken Pizza - 250 calories?!?!

I have discovered my best low-calorie recipe to date.  It is amazing.  Let's get right down to the nitty gritty.





RECIPE
1 whole Joseph's pita - 60 calories
2 slices low fat cheese (I used Provalone) - 50 calories each
1/2 cup Laura's Fiesta Blend - 90 calories, which I pulled right out of my butt, and it consisted of:
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 diced green pepper
1 diced red onion
1 can Rotel (next time I'll use plain diced tomatoes b/c this was realllllly hot)
1 packet Fajita mix
1 and 1/4 cups diced cooked chicken.




I dumped all the ingredients for Laura's Fiesta Blend except the chicken into a saucepan and sauteed for 10-15 minutes, until the peppers/onions are cooked.  At the last minute I decided it needed something more, so I grabbed some cooked chicken I had on hand and dumped it in there.  Then I drained any remaining juice because I don't need runny juice on my pizza and neither do you. This made ELEVEN 1/2 cup servings.


I got out my trusty 60 calorie pita.  I covered it in 2 slices of Provalone cheese.  I dumped 1/2 cup Laura's Fiesta Blend on top. I gotta trademark that junk. I baked it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, and it was DIVINE!!





Not only was it divine, but next time I want one, all I have to do is open the container in the fridge and scoop out some more of my Laura's Fiesta Blend b/c I made a buttload of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment