Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bagel Melt

This is my current obsession. It's high protein and high fiber, so it's a good obsession to have. 

I take a Thomas Everything bagel and put  a couple of slices honey turkey and a slice of Swiss on it. (I'd have preferred a reduced fat Swiss, but there wasn't any at my Walmart, and, truth be told, there's only a 10 calorie difference between the regular and the reduced fat.) Wrap the bagel melt up in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. That's it!

It's an ooey gooey deliciousness. It's reminiscent of those little poppy seed sandwiches on rolls you eat at showers, but way healthier. You'll see my French dressing in the picture because sometimes I like to shake things up and give it a little drizzle of extra flavor.  Without dressing, it's 200 calories, 5 fiber, and 13 protein!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment